Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Adder at Hook Links

 One of my local patches is Hook with Warsash Nature Reserve, situated on the south coast of Hampshire a few miles from where I live. I try and walk a loop of the reserve at least twice a week. My latest loop, on Saturday, I was walking along the links part of the reserve that runs parallel with the beach. It was mid morning and the sun was out so I was checking an area of grass and gorse bushes where I have seen basking Adders in the past. I had only been searching a few minutes when I came across a nice sized female catching the morning sun. I managed to show the snake to a few locals, including one chap who said he had never seen one before. Plenty of people were walking along the beach, but fortunately the snake was tucked away in its own little sun trap.



Steve C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cedar Waxwing along the Manchester Gateway Trail, New York State

On the evening of arrival at Manchester and on our return from Niagara Falls the following day, Mrs T and I took a stroll along the nearby M...